Inc. reviewed 200 business books in search of the small business Bible. Included in the final three they selected was When Friday Isn’t Payday . Here’s what Inc. said:
“My favorite section of When Friday Isn’t Payday is called ‘Dealing with Crisis.’ There, Kirk takes a couple of classic small company crises-such as not meeting payroll-and calmly lists possible solutions. This is Kirk at his best, an experienced small business owner figuratively at your side, keeping panic at bay with practical solutions. What separates this book from the pack is relentless practicality.”
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- Keys small business success
- How to increase sales and profits
- Steps to starting a small business
- The principles of selling success in any business
- Setting goals for yourself and your business
- How to hire, fire, and manage people
- How to market your business
- How to buy a business
- How to get money for your business
- How to plan everything.
The book has 400 pages of practical steps to more sales, more profits, and more peace of mind – NOW includes 100+ pages of bonus material
- What Was Napoleon Hill Thinking?
- The Elon Musk Method
- Finding Pearls of Profits in Your Financial Statements
- 2018 Guide to Social Media Marketing
- Website Design and SEO basics
- Rank #1 on GoogleMyBusiness
- Doing Hard Things – The Secret to Success
- LLC? “C”? or an “S”?
The online section will be constantly changing as the business world changes:
- Online marketing in 2019
- Finance your business using crowdfunding
- New business book recommendations
- Changes on Google, Amazon, eBay, more.
What others are saying
Kelli Holmes – CEO of TEAM Referral Network
“A must read for the self-starter entrepreneur! I absolutely love this book! Kirk gives straightforward, actionable advice on how to succeed in small business today. If you’re looking for a roadmap to be successful in business, this book is it!”
Susan Meadow is the publisher of Meadow Publications, Inc.
“Right on target with nuts-and-bolts explanations. . . a well-researched, easy to understand guide. . . [I] wish Kirk had written this book fifteen years ago!”
Who Should Read When Friday Isn’t Payday
- Those buying a business or franchise
Owners wanting to learn the basics of:
- Goal Setting
- Hiring, firing, managing and motivating
- Online advertising
- Social Media
- Selling a business
- Crisis management
- Website development
- Owners making major decisions about expansion, raising cash, incorporating, new location, adding a partner.
- Business school students and professors
Randy Kirk founded 24+ small businesses ranging from retail to manufacturing, advertising agency to consulting, and mail order to Amazon.
Kirk consulted with 180 companies: plastic surgeon, dentists, retailers, restaurants, importers, appliance repair, lawyers, acting school, chimney sweep, mortgage brokers, real estate agents.
In January, 2018 Kirk founded SoCal MasterMinds and has worked with 25 owners including advertising agency, CPA, managed services, online marketing, precision machine shop.